Natomas Unified’s 9-12 Alternative Learning Program is a program of choice for NUSD students at their home high school that gives students and families options and flexibility in how their learning is scheduled. For students in grades 9-12, this is a virtual independent study and in-person instructional learning model with a blended learning schedule at Inderkum High School and Natomas High School. The Alternative Learning Program is intended to be an educational commitment, a long term learning alternative to traditional schools, and not a temporary alternative to the current global pandemic. Students still have access to elective courses, athletics/sports, ASB events, extracurricular activities, and CTE courses at their boundary high school of either Natomas or Inderkum High School.
What can a student enrolled in the 9-12 Alternative Learning Program expect?
- 504 Supports
- A-G courses
- Access to Associated Student Body activities and events
- Access to Career Technical Courses
- Access to Counselors for College and Career Planning
- Access to elective courses
- Access to extracurricular activities
- Access to participate in athletics/sports
- Advanced Placement Courses
- CA State aligned curriculum and materials
- Courses requiring lab settings
- Dual Enrollment with local colleges
- English Learner Supports
- Library access and digital subscriptions
- NUSD certificated teachers
- Provided instructional technology
- Regularly scheduled in-person student/teacher check-ins
- Same number of instructional minutes per school week
- Social Emotional Learning Supports
- Special Education Supports
- Teacher office hours (additional available time for students and parents to contact teachers for support)
Ready to Enroll?
For families with already enrolled high school students at Inderkum or Natomas High Schools, please submit a Parent Authorization Form and Master Agreement (English) (Spanish) to [email protected] to enroll in the Alternative Learning Program. A representative will reach out to confirm receipt and update you on next steps.