California Education Code requires that a school district must verify a student’s residency. Documents that can be legally accepted as proof of residency are as follows:

  • Property tax payment receipt
  • Signed rental property contract or lease or rent payment receipt
  • Current utility service contract, statement, or payment receipt
  • Paystub
  • Voter registration
  • Correspondence from a government agency
  • Declaration of residency executed by the parent or legal guardian of the student
  • Signed contract with home builder or mortgage agency for purchase of a home within the district boundaries

If residency cannot be confirmed using one of the above documents, a student may apply for an Interdistrict Transfer from their District of Residence.

Other possible reasons a student not living in our district may attend in Natomas are:

  1. Non-Permanent Residence – a family and/or child(ren) living in a temporary housing situation within our district such as hotel, shelter, or with another family. Please also visit the Foster Youth Services and the Homeless Family Supports page.
  2. Caregiver Affidavit – a student(s) living with a family member or other responsible adult whereby that adult is acting as the students guardian. This often happens for temporary situations or prior to court proceedings  to determine guardianship.