Periodically, one of two things will occur that should prompt an AppleTV (ATV) update:
- Your ATV will notify you that an update is available
- If you are notified that an update is available and have time to update at that moment, simply follow the prompts that will walk you through the update.
- When updating your ATV, complete the update when you have 30 minutes. If you do not have 30 minutes to update the ATV, then indicate that you want to update at a later time.
- Your device is no longer connecting to your ATV, or is getting kicked off
- First, disconnect your tablet/laptop from WiFi and immediately reconnect.
- Second, complete a power cycle of your ATV.
- Third, attempt the update steps below.
- In order to perform an update to your ATV when you do NOT see the prompt on the screen:
- Ensure you are on the home screen of your ATV which shows all of the apps and icons. Simply clicking MENU will get you here.
- On the home screen, select the Settings icon>General>Software Updates
- If “Update Automatically” option is off, select “Update Now”.
- If “Update Automatically” option is on, you are up-to-date and no further action is necessary.
If after completing the steps above, your ATV is still not connecting, please update your tablet/laptop software (future KB article).