Why: To provide consistency and routine inspection for a Multi-Department site inspection for school sites and other NUSD buildings to create consistency and accountability in checking facilities, reviewing work orders, and providing support and customer service to all NUSD sites.
What: Facilitating the preparation, execution and follow up of Multi-Department Site inspection. Thru this process, constantly prepared for Williams Inspections by using the FIT (Facility Inspection Tool) as a guide and LCAP Goal #4.
When: Each NUSD site is inspected at least once a month.
Who: Representatives from CCS, IT, M&O, site principal or designee, and Facilities, Nutrition Services, Warehouse and transportation when applicable.
Goal 4: Create safe and welcoming learning environments where students attend and are connected to their schools
4.1: Refine the continuum of services to increase the consistency of school wide student behavior expectations and outcomes
4.2: Support schools as each continues to develop inclusive, engaging, safe and supportive school culture and climate
4.4: Improve maintenance and cleaning of facilities through standard operating procedures and efficiencies
4.5: Increase the timely repair of district facilities, equipment, and internet access to support the learning environment
- CCS will schedule routine site inspections through coordination with the site administrator a year at a time (ex: 1st Monday of each month). Meeting schedules will be sent to all required parties.
- Two weeks and 24-48 hours prior to the site inspection, leaders will review open work orders for aging work orders and status updates for the upcoming visit. Be prepared to respond with follow ups.
- After arriving to the site and prior to meeting with site administrator, conduct a 5 minute leadership huddle.
- Meet with Site Administration:
- Review open work orders, verify closed
- Review notes of concerns from previous visit
- Discuss Website review — make sure homepage has current information
- Provide updates from each department (Facilities, IT, M&O)
- Collect info for any upcoming events at the school site that may need support from the team (back to school night, fall festival, etc.)
- Site Walk:
- Upon arrival, observe curb appeal from the lens of a student and a parent
- Check ALL bathrooms for cleanliness and conditions
- Walk 3 random classrooms and check for cleanliness and room conditions
- Look at grounds (curb appeal) and check gates
- Visit multi-purpose room, gym, library, technology ‘quick glance’
- Inspect athletic fields
- Site inspections are scheduled for 60-90 minutes (most meetings are about an hour)
- Prior to leaving the site, conduct a short huddle with the team clarifying commitments and follow up responsibilities.
- After visit, CCS will update site inspection log with requested information, including notes about issues discussed, and striking out resolved issues discussed in the past.