Why: To give instructions to RD, M&O, IT, Warehouse, and Site Administration with a consistent process which will increase efficiency and customer service in facilitating off-site Board meetings.
What: Facilitating the preparation, setup and breakdown of an off-site Board meeting.
When: On the occasions where a School Board meeting will take place away from the Ed Center Board Room.
Who: Superintendent’s Office, M&O, IT, Warehouse, Site Staff and Administration (other Department leaders as needed).
Goal 3: Engage parents and families to support student success in school.
3.1 NUSD schools will expand and improve promotion of what is unique and successful about their school
3.2 Continue using multiple mediums to communicate to parents and families regarding Natomas Unified’s progress with connections to the district’s vision, goals, and core beliefs as often as possible
3.3 Improve and expand opportunities to engage and involve parents/guardians in their children’s education to increase college and career readiness
Goal 4: Create safe and welcoming learning environments where students attend and are connected to their schools
4.2 Support schools as each continues to develop inclusive, engaging, safe and supportive school culture and climate
Before Board Meeting:
- Superintendent’s Office creates a Work Order (followed by detailed emails if necessary) for IT and Warehouse with information about off-site board meeting:
- Checks for availability with Facility Use in the beginning of the school year with Facility Use
- Date and Location
- Seating configuration
- Specific Needs (including, but not limited to: number of chairs, podium, sound system, screen, projector, number of microphones, stage, flags)
- Anything unique to the event (performance, recognition, indoors, outdoors, etc.)
- Warehouse enters assignment tickets for IT, M&O, and other departments as necessary (Nutrition Services, Transportation, other).
- Executive Assistant to the Superintendent walks site with principal 3-4 weeks prior to the meeting to discuss set up for the meeting and closed session.
- IT and M&O Staff walk site 7-10 site prior to the meeting to discuss set up for open and closed sessions.
- IT prepares area with microphones, podium, computer, other technology as needed. IT tech stays for the entire Board meeting for IT support.
- M&O completes site evaluation to assess needs, submits assignment tickets as necessary (HVAC, additional custodial services, etc).
- Site event lead and Department Leader work together to ensure area is available and coordinates custodian and site resources to prepare for event.
- Presenters must share their Google presentation with [email protected] before the start of closed session.
After Board Meeting:
- IT removes computer and technology related items immediately following the Board meeting.
- Site custodial staff provide clean up of site.
- Next working day, Warehouse (and Nutrition Services) reports to site for pick up of technology, food service items, furniture, etc. as necessary.