Why: To give instructions to RD, M&O, IT, Warehouse, & Site Administration with a consistent process which will increase efficiency and consistency in the preparation and execution of Special District Events.
What: Facilitating the preparation, setup and breakdown of an event at a school site.
When: On the occasions where a School is having a Special Event (open house, Graduation, Harvest Festival, special performance, back to school night, etc)
Who: Department Head or Site Leader, M&O, IT, Warehouse, and Site Staff and Administration (other Department leaders as needed)
Goal 3: Engage parents and families to support student success in school.
3.1 NUSD schools will expand and improve promotion of what is unique and successful about their school
3.2 Continue using multiple mediums to communicate to parents and families regarding Natomas Unified’s progress with connections to the district’s vision, goals, and core beliefs as often as possible
3.3 Improve and expand opportunities to engage and involve parents/guardians in their children’s education to increase college and career readiness
Goal 4: Create safe and welcoming learning environments where students attend are are connected to their schools
4.3 Support schools as each continues to develop inclusive, engaging, safe and supportive school culture and climate
Before the event:
- The event lead checks for availability with Facility Use prior to setting date.
- The event lead creates a Work Order for Warehouse and IT with information about the event:
- Date, location, time
- Specific Needs (including, but not limited to: number of chairs, tables, podium, sound system, number of microphones, stage, flags, etc.)
- Anything unique to the event (performance, recognition, indoors, outdoors, etc.)
- Warehouse enters assignment tickets for IT, M&O, and other departments as necessary (nutrition services, transportation, other).
- IT prepares area with microphones, podium, computer, other technology as needed.
- M&O completes site evaluation to assess needs and submits assignment tickets as necessary (HVAC, additional custodial services, etc.).
- Site event lead and Department Leader work together to ensure area is available and coordinates custodian, and site resources to prepare for event.
- Event Coordinator works with SLS / Student Safety to discuss safety issues including use of SRO’s if necessary.
- Custodial staff remains on site for entire event.
- IT staff (if requested) remains on site for entire event.
After the Event
- IT removes technology related items immediately following the event.
- Assigned custodial staff clean up after event.
- Next working day, Warehouse (and Nutrition Services) reports to site for pick up of technology, food service items, furniture etc. as necessary.
Questions regarding the process for facilitating special district events can be directed to Warehouse at [email protected] or (916)567-5472.