If this is the first time you have used Zoom on your device, then you will be prompted to install the application first.
- iPad or iPhone: Install Zoom app from Apple Store
- Android phone or tablet: Install Zoom app from Google Play Store
- Computer: Follow the prompt on the screen to download and install application
- Chromebook: Add the Zoom app from the Chrome Web Store
How to Join a Zoom Meeting:
Option 1: Join using the provided URL
- Open the email, newsletter, calendar invite, or other communication that contains a link to the prescheduled meeting and click the URL to join the Zoom Meeting.
- Note: Students don’t need email to join a Zoom meeting! Teachers can send the link to the meeting via any communication platform such as Google Classroom.
Option 2: Join using Meeting ID
- Open the Zoom desktop app.
- Click on the Home Button.
- Click Join and type in the provided Meeting ID and your name.
Once you’re in the meeting, you may choose to connect audio in three different ways:
- Using computer audio (recommended).
- Dialing into a conference bridge from your phone.
- Have Zoom call you by entering your phone number and your meeting will call your phone.
Best Practices while in a Class/Meeting
- Sign in to the Zoom desktop client and stay signed in.
- Check your internet speed. If you’re on free wifi you may need to keep your camera off to improve quality.
- Turn your camera on and have you camera at eye level.
- Stay muted unless you’re talking to reduce background noise.
- Make sure you sit in a well lit and quiet place.
- Be mindful of what’s going on behind you. Think about having solid wall behind you or turning on the virtual background.