Why: To create a clear, consistent process where appropriate work orders are submitted with detailed information which includes specific problem or concern, exact location, best time to contact and contact information.
What: To ensure effective and efficient communication between work order requestor and specific department.
When: A Natomas USD employee places a work order requesting a repair or service.
Who: This procedure applies to all NUSD staff.
Goal 4: Create safe and welcoming learning environments where students attend and are connected to their schools
4.1: Refine the continuum of services to increase the consistency of school wide student behaviour expectations and outcomes
4.2: Support schools as each continues to develop inclusive, engaging, safe, and supportive school culture and climate
4.3: Promote and refine the award-winning social emotional support program for our students
4.4: Improve maintenance and cleaning of facilities through standard operating procedures and efficiencies
4.5: Increase the timely repair of district facilities, equipment and internet access to support the learning environment
- Requestor will go to Natomas Unified Knowledge Base and click on red box titled, “Submit a Work Order.”
- Requestor will then log into BMC Track-It by clicking, “Log-in using your Windows account.”
- Once logged in, requestor will click on, “Add New Work Order” tab.
- Requestor will complete all necessary fields regarding work order request, ensuring to select the appropriate department and request type.
- Requestor will provide a detailed description of issue. This description should clarify the who, what, when, and location of problem or concern. Be sure to indicate the best time for the technician to come complete the work to prevent multiple trips and disruption to the work or learning environment. Attach pictures or screenshots, as necessary.
- If the work order includes delivery of newly ordered material, include the PO number in the “Brief Description of Issue” field.
- Submit work order after completing all fields.
- Office equipment such as shredders and copiers are repaired by an outside vendor. Do not submit a work order for these items; rather see the Secretary at your site or department.
- Requests to remove previously mounted equipment, add walls, doors and partitions or to paint / repaint must be approved by the site administration, in conjunction with M&O and Facilities departments, as necessary. (This includes, but not limited to: white boards, TVs, electrical outlets and switches).
- Specific department of request will obtain work order and follow up with requestor with any additional questions.
- Requestor will receive notifications with updates and will be notified when the Work Order is complete.
Timeline: Each Work Order is to be reviewed by the assigned department within 24 hours: Facilities, M&O, Warehouse, IT and RD. Critical issues are to be addressed ASAP and resolved within the same day. High-level issues must be or will be addressed or reclassified within two days. Standard requests will be completed or reclassified within two weeks.
Questions regarding submitting an appropriate work order can be directed to Constituent and Customer Services at [email protected] or 916-561-5253.