To assign students to a counselor as a batch, use the “Fill Counselor” tool under “Scheduling”.
- Select the students who need new counselors either by Grade Level or by Ad hoc Filter.
- Enter an Enrollment Effective Date to eliminate students who are not currently enrolled from the search results.
- Enter the Last Name range in the appropriate fields.
- Enter the First Name range in the appropriate fields.
- If desired, mark the No Active Counselor checkbox to return students who currently do not have an active counselor.
- Click the Search Students button. Matching students are listed in the Search Results list.
- Review the students returned. Remove any students who should be removed.
- Select the Counselor from the dropdown list to assign to the students in the Search Results.
- If a counselor is currently assigned to a student and shouldn’t be, mark the End Existing Counselors checkbox.
- Click the Fill Counselor button to assign the selected counselor to the students. The wizard processes and a results pop-up displays when finished, alerting the user that the selected counselor has been assigned to the students in the results list.
The start date of the new counselor, displayed on the student’s Team Members tool, is the current date.