Why: To give instructions to HR, RD, M&O, IT, and Warehouse staff with a consistent office move process which will minimize the impact to student learning and the work environment.
What: To ensure efficiency, communication and timely execution of office moves at all district-owned properties (excluding independent charters).
When: A staff person is moved from one office to another.
Who: These procedures require the work and collaboration of M&O, Warehouse and IT staff and site leadership to support successful office moves.
Goal 4: Create safe and welcoming learning environments where students attend and are connected to their schools
4.1: Refine the continuum of services to increase the consistency of school wide student behavior expectations and outcomes
4.4: Improve maintenance and cleaning of facilities through standard operating procedures and efficiencies
4.5: Increase the timely repair of district facilities, equipment, and internet access to support the learning environment
- Work order is submitted by department support staff to the Warehouse indicating “office move”. Work order includes: Name of staff member, current office location, and where they are moving to. Work order will include furniture needs, what needs to be moved, what will stay, and expected completion date.
- Warehouse: Receives initial work order, submits assignment tickets to M&O and IT.
- M&O: Inspects both offices to determine additional needs and submits assignment tickets as needed (e.g.: paint, electrical, carpet repair, custodial needs, etc).
- If new furniture is ordered, a separate work order is completed for the Warehouse, including PO number. Implement SOP for deliveries and installation.
- IT: Communicates with staff to determine IT needs and executes installation, including phone, computer, etc.
- Departments with Work Order assignments close assignments as completed.
- Once all Work Order assignments are completed, Warehouse closes work order.
Timeline: The goal for completing office moves is 10 business days from the date the furniture is available. Timeline may be affected during peak times (start of schools, etc.) or due to unknown conditions.
Questions regarding office moves can be directed to the Warehouse at [email protected]