Why: To create a clear, consistent process for receiving and distributing deliveries.
What: To ensure all deliveries are received in a centralized location, tracked appropriately and delivered to purchaser in a timely manner.
When: A delivery is made to the Support Services Building or the Ed Center.
Who: This procedure applies to Warehouse, Support Services staff, and Ed Center staff.
Goal 4: Create safe and welcoming learning environments where students attend and are connected to their schools
4.2: Support schools as each continues to develop inclusive, engaging, safe, and supportive school culture and climate
4.3: Promote and refine the award-winning social emotional support program for our students
4.4: Improve maintenance and cleaning of facilities through standard operating procedures and efficiencies
4.5: Increase the timely repair of district facilities, equipment and internet access to support the learning environment
5.3: All staff take responsibility for improving communication and collaboration amongst staff upwards, downwards and across the district to better meet the district’s vision, goals and core beliefs
- All packages are to be received at the Warehouse loading dock of 1931 Arena Blvd.
- Once a product has been ordered, submit a work order and email Warehouse [email protected] a copy of the purchase order to inform them of the delivery. All items over $500 will need an asset tag. (Reference Board Policy 3512)
- Direct vendor courier to go to gate located behind Support Services Building (1931 Arena Blvd.) to deliver goods. Vendor may need to honk or call (916) 567-5490 to be let into gated area.
- Instruct vendor to go to second to last dock on the left labeled “Warehouse” above roll-up door to deliver goods. If Warehouse Specialist is not available, vendors are asked to call 916-567-5473 for all package deliveries and a designated Warehouse staff will come outside to accept goods.
- Warehouse Specialist or designated Warehouse staff will inspect the package and sign for delivered goods. Warehouse Specialist will then reconcile delivered goods to specific purchase order and notify purchaser of delivery.
- Any IT equipment (TVs, computers, etc.) will be locked and stored in the secure area and IT department will be notified immediately of the delivery (not to exceed 24 hours).
- Warehouse will coordinate delivery of package to designated location.
- All necessary items will be asset tagged prior to delivering to Natomas USD purchaser/requestor.
- When delivered to end location, items will be unwrapped and all packaging materials will be removed from the area.
- Items without a Work Order or PO number will be listed on a shared Google Doc shared with Warehouse staff.
Timeline: Staff will be notified of the package delivery within 72 hours through the work order and delivery arrangements will begin at that time. Timeline may be affected during peak times (start of schools, etc.), if there is not a PO or Work Order submitted which identifies the staff person to receive the delivery or due to unknown conditions.
Questions regarding the process for receiving and distributing packages can be directed to Warehouse at [email protected]ed.org