Why: To give instructions to M&O, IT, and Warehouse staff with a consistent process which will minimize the impact to student learning.
What: To ensure efficiency, communication and timely execution of TV installation with accompanying technology.
When: TV has been requested and approved.
Who: These procedures require the work and collaboration of M&O, IT, and Warehouse staff, site leadership and staff to support successful and timely installation of TV and accompanying technology.
Goal 2: Prepare students to be college and career ready
2.1: Beginning in elementary school, continue to develop college and career access and readiness for all students
2.2: Beginning in elementary school, all staff continue to promote a culture for student, staff, and parent/guardians about what college and career access and readiness means
2.3: Focus on developing and promoting opportunities for students to participate in civic engagement, and demonstrate the skills that are necessary to be productive, responsible citizens
2.4: Continue to promote and refine the pathways and programs at secondary schools and support elementary and K-8 schools to develop college and career focused programs
2.5: Continue providing 21st century classroom technology and support the infrastructure for expansion to prepare students for college and career success
- Installation of TV is requested and approved as necessary.
- Site / Department Leader: Creates quote and generates purchase requisition. (IT is available to provide input as requested).
- Staff ordering TV (and mount) will place a work order with PO number.
- M&O: Coordinates a site survey meeting with requestor to evaluate location of TV, power needs and structural support for weight of TV. Additionally, M&O considers and plans for items to be moved or removed (whiteboard, furniture, etc) to prepare for installation
- Warehouse: Receives the TV, secures the TV in a locked area and notifies M&O when TV arrives via work order, and calls author of WO to coordinate delivery and installation of TV. After unpackaging TV, warehouse removes all packaging debris and garbage.
- Vendor: Installs mount and TV, manages cabling, and repairs any necessary damage to wall (fill holes and touch up paint).
- IT: Installs Apple TV and/or other similar device.
- Departments with Work Order assignments close assignments as completed.
- Once all Work Order assignments are completed, warehouse closes work order.
Timeline: Once the TV has been received in the Warehouse, timeline for the installation not to exceed 10 business days.
Questions regarding the process for TV Installation with Accompanying Technology can be directed to Warehouse at [email protected].