- Board Approved LCAP in English or in Spanish (coming soon)
- Draft LCAP
- February 25, 2015 Board Presentation update
- Student, Parent, Staff Survey
- April 15, 2015 Board Presentation on Stakeholder Feedback
- Parent Advisory and English Learner Parent Advisory Committees Feedback and District Responses
- June 10 Board Presentation on Draft LCAP for Public Hearing
- Board Approved LCAP in English or in Spanish
- Second Draft in English or in Spanish
- First Draft in English or in Spanish
- Responses to Parent Advisory and English Learner Parent Advisory Committees in English and Spanish
Progress Indicators - Data and Evidence
The LCAP requires that NUSD and our stakeholders use qualitative and quantitative data and evidence to 1) identify student needs and district goals; and 2) review progress toward meeting those needs and goals. Here are a number of resources for reviewing NUSD data and evidence:
- February 2015 Board Presentation with mid-year update for available measures of school and student outcomes
- NUSD Data and Evidence for LCAP
- School Accountability Report Cards (SARCs)
- Dataquest by the California Department of Education
- Ed-Data a partnership of the California Department of Education, EdSource, and FCMAT
- College-going data:
- California State University English and Math Proficiency Reports for Sacramento High Schools
- First-time freshman counts to California public Community Colleges, State Universities (CSU), and Universities (UC)
- Transfer counts to CSU and UC from Community Colleges
- High School summary (characteristics, college entrance exams, and outreach programs)
LCFF and LCAP
California launched a new school funding system in 2014, using a new formula designed to give district’s more local control over spending and to push districts to better prepare students for college and careers. The district’s vision that All NUSD students graduate as college and career ready, productive, responsible, and engaged global citizens is in strong alignment with the new LCFF priorities. Learn more about LCFF and the Local Control and Accountability Plan (LCAP) here.
Click here to take a survey to help us develop the 2015-2016 LCAP
Click here to view the full list of engagement activities.
Phase 1: August to December 2013 - Initial input from Stakeholders (Completed)
- During the fall of 2013, more than 600 stakeholders shared more than 700 ideas about what's important to help ALL students succeed.
- Review the December 2013 Board Presentation on LCFF titled: "First Interim & Local Control Funding Formula Update"
Phase 2: January to February 2014 - Stakeholder Engagement (Completed)
- We met, phoned, and surveyed students, staff, families, and community members and received more than 2,800 new ideas for helping ALL students succeed in school.
- January 2014 Board Presentation on LCFF and LCAP titled: "Establishing Student Success at the Local Level"
- Superintendent welcome letter for NUSD Parent/Community Engagement Nights
- The first Parent/Community Engagement Night at Witter Ranch Elementary School
- The second Parent/Community Engagement Night at Jefferson Elementary School
- The third Parent/Community Engagement Night at Inderkum High School
- Review the feedback and ideas received during Phase 2 of our LCAP Stakeholder Engagement process. This document contains all of the feedback NUSD collected in January and February, 2014; and it represents over 2,800 ideas organized by themes. The vast majority of this information was left exactly as it was shared with us (typos and all). We have redacted one incident of vulgarity and the names of specific staff members when (s)he was mentioned in a derogatory way (but we left the feedback for that item in this document).
Phase 3: March to July 2014 - LCAP Plan Development
- March 2014 Board Presentation on LCAP Draft Goals
- April 9, 2014 Board Presentation on Actions for Student Success Part I
- April 30, 2014 Board Presentation on Actions for Student Success Part II
- May 15, 2014 Post draft LCAP on website for stakeholder review
- May 19, 2014 Review draft LCAP with Parent Advisory Committee
- May 20, 2014 Review draft LCAP with District English Learner Advisory Committee (DELAC)
- June 6, 2014 Post Second Draft LCAP on website for stakeholder review
- June 11, 2014 Public Hearing at Board Meeting
- June 25, Approve LCAP
- July 1, 2014: LCAP due to Sacramento County Office of Education