Natomas Unified’s Core Belief is “Our Diversity is a Strength.” In support of this belief and in celebration of Hispanic Heritage Month, NUSD is proud to present its Hispanic Heritage Month Art Contest that recognizes and celebrates Hispanic Heritage in our community. It encourages us to reflect on all of the contributions Hispanics have made in the past, and will continue to make in the future. It is also a reminder that we are stronger together.
This year’s contest is an opportunity for students to get creative by submitting a drawing that illustrates what National Hispanic Heritage Month means to them.
- Three winners will be selected in the following categories: Elementary (K-5), Middle (6-8), and High School (9-12)
- Art work can be a minimum of 8 ½ x 11 (standard letter size) or a maximum of 8 ½ x 14 (legal size)
- Art work must be submitted digitally with Hispanic Heritage Month Art as the subject line
- Take a picture of your poster and send it to [email protected]. Be sure to include your first and last name, grade, and school of attendance in the email
- Posters are due no later than 4 p.m. Tuesday September 12th
- Submissions will be evaluated by NUSD staff on their originality, creativity, and effectiveness in expressing the theme
- Winners will be able to select a book of their choice to enjoy and keep in their personal library
- Winners will be featured in NUSD social media, websites and other publications.