Hello! This is my first year teaching at NP3 and I am new to the area. I was living and teaching in Orange County prior to relocating. This is my 13th year teaching. My last name is pronounced (Oon-gow) just in case you needed a little help. I am looking forward to a new experience here at NP3 with all of you!
Special Interests: I love animals! I enjoy observing them in their natural habitats as well as having pets as companions. I like hiking, fishing, camping, and most anything outdoors. I love relaxing with my husband and dog. Hanging out with family and friends is always wonderful and full of laughs.
Why I love Teaching: Working with students is my number one reason for teaching. I get a rush as I watch a student master a new concept or come up with an innovative idea. In addition, if a student has a setback, I view these situations as challenges, which makes me work harder. The result is very rewarding.
Degree(s): Major: Liberal Studies Elementary Education, Minor: Teaching English as a Second Language
Certification(s): Clear Multiple Subject with English emphasis Teaching Credential
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone: (916) 567-5740 x6260
- Room #: K-4
7th Grade Teacher Team Contacts
- Sharon Foster – 7th Grade Math and 8th Grade Math:email@example.com
- D’Andre Berry – 7th Grade Math:firstname.lastname@example.org
- Luis Larin – 7th Grade History: email@example.com
- Danielle Shifrine – 7th Grade Science:firstname.lastname@example.org
- Rebecca Clark – 7th Grade PE: email@example.com
- Maurice Kers – 7th Grade PE: firstname.lastname@example.org
Important Parent Links:
- Vocabulary Words – Teacher copy of the word maps for vocabulary
- Literature Circles – All information regarding literature circles, including examples of Proficient level work for each role sheet
- Springboard Online
- Scholastic – Class Code JN86Z
- What Should I Read Next – Suggestions on books to read based on previous books of interest