Hello! Thank you for taking the time to visit my page. My name is Tipkretar (Aimly) Carey. This will be my seventh year teaching at NP3 Middle School!
A little background: I was born in Thailand and largely grew up in the Sacramento area. I attended the University of California, San Diego and graduated with a double major in Political Science and Literature in Writing. It was during my college years that I realized my love for teaching after working with middle, high school, and college students in various tutoring positions. I then completed my Single Subject Secondary Teaching Credential in English with BCLAD in Spanish at the University of California, Davis. In 2016 I completed my graduate education and teacher research at UC Davis in the Masters of Arts in Education program. My research centered on how increasing student engagement in the classroom can improve reading comprehension.
Aside from teaching, I have always been an avid reader since early childhood and hope to inspire students to love reading as well. I love to practice yoga. I am a huge fan of spicy Thai food, ice cream and other desserts, Pixar movies, Star Wars, Marvel, board/card games, Nintendo Switch games, spending time with my family and friends, and pugs. During the summers my husband (Mr. Carey) and I love to go to Disneyland!
Mira Loma High School
- International Baccalaureate (IB) Diploma
University of California, San Diego
- B.A. Literature/Writing (Honors, Highest Distinction)
- B.A. Political Science
University of California, San Diego Extension
- Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages (TESOL) Certificate
University of California, Davis
- Masters of Arts, Education
- Single Subject Teaching Credential in English
- Bilingual Crosscultural Language and Academic Development (BCLAD) Authorization in Spanish
- Room: M110
- E-mail: [email protected]
- Phone: (916) 567-5740
- Instagram for updates about school and random fun posts: @np3_mrs.carey
Google Classroom Codes:
Students should be logged into their school Google account in order to join and access these Classrooms.
- Period 2 English: jqpdhbh
- Period 3 English: 4oh7uuq
- Period 4 English: upitfnw
- Advisory: tw6ktkb