Science Camp 2016
NP3 sixth grade students are invited to attend the 4th annual Science Outdoor Education Camp at Alliance Redwoods in Occidental near Santa Rosa. This camp is an incredible opportunity to experience science and education in nature’s natural state! Camp also provides team building, challenge courses and other day and night activities for learning. Some of these activities include rock-wall climbing, zip-lining, and nature and environmental classes.
Camp details include:
- Length of stay is four days and three nights. Departure from NP3 campus is Tuesday, April 26th and arrival back to campus is Friday April 29th.
- Busses transport students and chaperones to and from the location.
- Three meals per day are provided by Alliance Redwoods. Special dietary arrangements can be made for your child, if needed.
- A nurse is present, on site, 24-7.
- Camp costs are about $280 per student. The fees include transportation, meals, activities and classes.
NP3 has the policy that all students attend camp, unless opting out for personal reasons. We see Camp as an extension of our classrooms and we assume that no child is left behind. In order to make this exciting week work, we do ask for your help with fundraising and donations. Camp is possible when appropriate funds are collected so that all students who want to attend will be able to attend.
We are asking for your support:
- Parent volunteers are extremely important to the process. Volunteers will help with the fundraising/donation process.
- Camp requires 24 parent chaperones. Chaperones help make camp happen and are an important part to making this week successful!
Save The Date!
On Wednesday August 12th a camp-information session (7:30-8:00PM in the cafeteria) will be held immediately following Back to School Night (6:00-7:30PM). Information regarding Camp, the raising of funds and the roles of parent volunteers and chaperones will be shared.