On June 17, the Board of Trustees of Natomas Unified School District approved phases 0, 1, and 2 of the Return to Athletics Plan for 2020-21, and gave the authority to the Superintendent or his designee to adjust it based on necessary feedback from the Sacramento County Public Health.
At the foundation of the Natomas Unified Return to Athletics Plan, each family determines what is best for their student(s). During Phase 1, Natomas Unified coaches will be instructed to “hold students harmless” if families decide they are not yet ready to allow their student/athlete to participate in athletics. Parents/families must accept that the school district, school, coaches/staff cannot eliminate the risk of exposure to COVID-19.
For Natomas Unified School District to transition to Phase 1, the following is required:
- All Athletes and Coaches must watch the ‘Return to Athletics Phase 1 Slide Presentation’ and sign the downloadable form (return to the site AD) before attending any workouts
THE FOLLOWING THREE ITEMS NEED TO BE RETURNED BY THE ATHLETE:
- Watch ‘Return to Athletics Phase 1 Slide Presentation’ and sign the downloadable form (return to the site AD) prior to attending any workouts
- Parent/Guardian and Athlete must sign and return COVID-19 Waiver Form
- Physical exams (Exámenes físicos): Athletes are required to pass a physical before their season of sport.
- Returning athletes must have a current physical on file.
- All new athletes (i.e., first-time athletic participants in the school’s athletic program) are to obtain a pre-participation physical examination.
- Athletes with underlying, pre-existing conditions, injuries or illnesses must obtain an updated pre-participation physical examination or appropriate clearance from treating physician based upon situation.