Below you can find the digital strategic plan in both English and Spanish. If you would like a hard copy please feel free to stop by the Natomas Unified School District main office (1901 Arena Blvd).
Click here to review our District Progress Report which measures our progress twice a year in meeting our strategic goals.
Vision, Goals, & Core Beliefs
& Student Learning
Culture, Climate, Engagement & Communication
The Next 5/LCAP Regional Meetings
There will be 3 regional events for all stakeholders to learn about The Next 5/LCAP and share input
- January 18, 2017 – The Next 5/LCAP Regional Event at Inderkum High Theater at 6pm
- January 25, 2017 – NUSD Special Board Meeting at Natomas High Multipurpose Room at 6:30pm
- February 7, 2017 – The Next 5/LCAP Regional Event at Witter Ranch Elementary Multipurpose Room at 6pm
Other Meetings at NUSD Schools
You can watch The Next 5 videos here on this website and complete the survey or you can attend a meeting at your school site listed below. Know that the meetings listed below will show the same videos and give you an opportunity to complete the survey, just like you can on this website.
- January 9, 2017 – Natomas Middle School PTA, meeting for Natomas Middle School parents at 6pm
- January 9, 2017 – Bannon Creek School PTA for Bannon Creek parents at 5:30pm
- January 10, 2017 – Inderkum High IB Parent Meeting for Inderkum High parents at 6pm
- January 11, 2017 – Witter Ranch PTA for Witter Ranch parents at 6pm
- January 12, 2017 – Natomas Park Elementary PTA for Natomas Park parents at 6pm
- January 19, 2017 – Discovery High Student Focus Group at 11am
- January 20, 2017 – Jefferson Coffee Chat for Jefferson parents at 8:15am
- January 24, 2017 – DELAC at the Staff Development Center (inside the District Office Service Center) at 5:30pm
- January 26, 2017 – American Lakes ELAC for American Lakes parents at 8:30am
- February 3, 2017 – Heron Coffee Chat for Heron parents at 8:30am
- February 3, 2017 – Heron ELAC for Heron parents at 10am
- February 6, 2017 – H. Allen Hight ELAC for H. Allen Hight parents at 5pm
- February 6, 2017 – H. Allen Hight PTA for H. Allen Hight parents at 6pm
- February 8, 2017 – Inderkum High PTA for Inderkum High parents at 6:30pm
- February 9, 2017 – Leroy Greene Academy PTA for Leroy Greene parents at 6pm
- February 14, 2017 – Two Rivers Elementary PTA for Two Rivers parents at 6pm
Agenda for meetings listed above:
- Introduction, 5 minutes
- 5 for The Next 5 videos, 20 minutes
- Feedback survey, 15 minutes
- Questions and Answers, 15 minutes
Meetings with Other Stakeholders
Along with the Regional Meetings, Board meetings, and other meetings listed above, as part of The Next 5/LCAP engagement process we will also meet with students, teachers, principals, the Natomas Teachers Association (NTA), and the California School Employees Association (CSEA).
Final Opportunities to Attend a Meeting and Share Input
- February 16, 2017 – Inderkum Open House, 6pm
- February 16, 2017 – Natomas High Open House, 6:30pm
- February 16, 2017 – Natomas Gateways Middle Open House, 6pm
Superintendent Chris Evans sets the stage in this video for a crucial effort, titled “The Next 5,” to positively impact every student in NUSD. He discusses how far the district has come the past five years and asks for your help to strategically plan for the next five years. Everything from Vision and Goals to Curriculum, Assessment, Instruction and Culture will be considered. Please take a few minutes to listen to Superintendent Evans in this video, then make your voice heard by filling out a survey on this website.
What is The Next 5?
- The Next 5 is a community-wide engagement process to gather input and ideas from all NUSD stakeholders to help us plan a strategic direction for the next five years.
What is the LCAP (Local Control and Accountability Plan)?
- Visit our LCAP website to learn more about the LCAP
Who can participate?
- Everyone in Natomas is invited to participate, whether you are a student or teacher, parent or guardian, or future parent in NUSD. We are interested in hearing your feedback.
What is the timeline for The Next 5, when will the work begin?
- From January 8, 2017 through February 17, 2017 we will gather input from our stakeholders about the current reality of NUSD schools and ideas for the future
- From February 21, 2017 through March 31, 2017 we will craft the strategic direction of NUSD using your feedback
- In the Spring we will present The Next 5 Plan to the NUSD Board of Trustees for approval
- From 2017 through 2022 we will implement the strategic direction outlined in The Next 5 plan
Where can I learn more about the things happening in Natomas Unified School District?
- You can watch one of The Next 5 videos on this website to learn about our 1) Vision, Core Beliefs and Goals; 2) Operations 3) Curriculum and Pathways; 4) Instruction, Assessment, and Student Learning; and 5) Culture, Climate, Engagement and Communication.
What will happen with my feedback if I complete a survey or attend a meeting?
- We will collect feedback from all of our stakeholders at more than 20 meetings, through the survey, and during School Board meetings. Collectively, this feedback will contribute to the development of our LCAP and our strategic direction for the next five years. In alignment with Ed Code 52062 the district will respond in writing to comments received from the District English Learner Advisory Committee (DELAC) and the District Parent Advisory Committee.
Where are our District’s Vision and Core Beliefs?
- You can view information about these important items here: NUSD District Vision and Core Beliefs
Are all The Next 5/LCAP meetings the same?
- No, the regional meetings and Special Board Meeting are two hours in length and will provide time for a deeper discussion about the district and The Next 5. The other meetings at school sites are designed as 1 hour meetings with 20 minutes scheduled to watch the five videos, 15 minutes to complete the survey, and 15 minutes for questions and answers. If you watch the videos and complete the survey here, attending one of the meetings at your school would cover the same content.
If you have a question about The Next 5/LCAP, please complete the form below. Your questions will be sent to our Constituent and Customer Services Office.